Search our cases

San Telmo Research is the San Telmo Business School’s teaching resources website. Its objective is to provide the academic world with knowledge and access to our teaching resources and promote its use by other professors and business schools.

We have significant case studies and teaching notes at your disposal in Spanish and English, including all types of Spanish and international leading companies.


Cherkizovo Group: Russia’s Leading meat producer

19/05/2016
Manuel González-Toruño Conejo| Anylu Vidal Romero
In 2016, Cherkizovo Group was the largest meat producer in Russia. 65% of the shares were in the hands of the founder and his family and the remaining 35% was listed on the stock exchange markets of Moscow and London. Over the past six years, the group's net profit had grown an average of 25% per year, thanks to organic growth and acquisitions. However, the group faced new and important challenges: How could they find growth opportunities in a scenario of declining consumer income and falling meat prices? How could they meet the increasing distributors’ demands regarding level of service? Was it the right time to acquire more companies? Was Cherkizovo prepared to export or even go abroad and be competitive at international level?

Topics

Russia Strategy Meat Food Holding International business Growth Consumer Industry Competitiveness

Areas

Company Policy

Language

Inglés

Type

Caso

Pages

26

Code

DGI-267-E

Resources

Pdf Vista previa

Consultation price: 5,50€ + 21% VAT

Want a copy?

Need help or have any questions?